Melbourne is a beautiful city for kids and families. There are so many attractions, activities and events for kids and families. We would like to make it easy for you to get ideas and enjoy activities with Kids in Melbourne.
List of 26 things for Families and Kids to do in Melbourne
- Explore the breathtaking gardens at Werribee Park.
- Love farm animals? Get your family to Collingwood Children’s Farm not too far from inner Melbourne.
- Explore the stories of people from all over the world who have migrated to Australia at the Immigration Museum.
- Find your way through the mazes at The Enchanted Maze Garden.
- For a great adventure playground you can’t go past St Kilda Adventure Playground.
- Get lost in the giant maze and experience the illusions or play golf at Maze’N Things on Phillip Island.
- Get fit and have some fun with your kids at FemmeFit, all classes are kids friendly and lots of fun.
- Enjoy Victoria’s ideal Koala and Kangaroo experience at Wildlife Park in Ballarat specialising in native Australian animals.
- Great place for an aviation experience. Learn about flying at the RAAF Museum.
- Enjoy a totally delicious strawberry experience at Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm.
- Experience Melbourne through a unique lens and discover another side to this wonderful city with NFA City Tours.
- Shop latest fashion with the help of Re Discover Melbourne.
- Enjoy a family fun day during the summer season at Fun Fields.
- Don’t let rain stop you from exploring and having fun, you can visit Melbourne Museum or bounce along to great tunes at Bounceinc Trampoline Park.
- The journey aboard Puffing Billy takes you through the magnificent Dandenong Ranges, located only one hour east of Melbourne. Operates every day except for Christmas Day.
- Learn about Melbourne’s Tall Ship story on the Polly Woodside. Polly Woodside offers a range of activities for visitors including a history gallery, wharf with picnic facilities and guided tours. They also have Children’s Birthday parties, Pirate Sundays, live theatre and school excursions.
- Visit a family-friendly zoo. See African giraffes & zebras up close on safari tours at Werribee Open Range Zoo.
- Learn horse riding and enjoy the beautiful scenery at Mornington Peninsula with Ace Hi Ranch. Suitable for both children over 7 years and adults.
- See beautiful penguins at Phillip Island.
- Visit Australia’s oldest public library and one of Victoria’s most important cultural institutions at State Library of Victoria.
- Do your kids love football? Then take a “behind the scenes” tour of Etihad Stadium. Visit the AFL players’ change rooms, the players/coaches’ briefing room, the coaches’ box, experience the feel of walking up the AFL umpires’ tunnel and much more.
- Build cool structures from little blocks at the LEGO Discovery Centre.
- Enjoy the beautiful Lavandula Swiss Italian Farm 10 minutes from Daylesford.
- Join the Scouts and participate in some adventurous activities. Make a better world and have some fun along the way.
- Give the kids a fun and educational riding experience at the Essendon Traffic School.
- Ice skating in Melbourne has never been easier! Located in Docklands, enjoy ice skating at O’Brien Group Arena.
Stay up to date!